Is your child struggling to read?
We can help!
We really can!
First, however, let me tell you a little about how to teach your child to blend letters together as he reads.
As important as it is for children to learn each individual letter “sound,” eventually every child will need to learn how to blend the sounds of the letters together. At Candy 4WAY Phonics, we make this blending process easy because we color code word parts and place those word parts into blending segments.
For example, before we introduce the word cat, we give children step-by-step lessons in the individual sounds for the letters c short a and t.
Following that instruction, children are taught to blend just the first two letters of the word cat. They are taught to:
1) say the sound of the first consonant – c
2) say the sound of the short vowel - a
3) blend those two sounds together like this: c a - caaaa
When an instructor demonstrates that ca blend, he should hold out the sound of short a like this: c aaaa - caaaa
Second, children are taught to:
1) say the blend of ca
2) tack on the sound of the final consonant like this: caaaa t - caaaat -cat
It is very important when beginning blending lessons with a child that he FIRST thoroughly learns to distinguish between the individual short vowel sounds. In fact, children should learn to “punch” the short vowel sounds loudly so that they can hear themselves pronounce the distinctive sound for each short vowel.
At Candy 4WAY Phonics we supply Multisensory Vowel Pictures to help children hear/see each vowel sound (in pictures). For example, most children have a difficult time telling the difference between the short a sound and the short e sound. Our Multisensory Vowel Pictures help children to see/hear this distinction.
Parents, make it easy on yourselves. The entire Candy 4WAY Phonics COMPLETE Curriculum sells for just $9.97 in INSTANT DOWNLOAD format. This makes it quick and affordable for parents to purchase and print what they need for each day’s phonics/reading lesson and also to click through the pages of past and future lessons they may desire to view.
For those parents who are not certain of the sound of each of the letters and blends, for just $10.00 more you can purchase our CD-Rom program in which you can hear me read every letter, and every blend, and every word and every sentence of every chart and every lesson out loud. Simply print that day’s lesson, then put the Candy 4WAY Phonics Audio CD-Rom into your computer to hear that day’s lesson read aloud. Parents can practice right along with the lesson before they ever present it to their child. Actually hearing the lesson ahead of time removes all the guesswork. Your child can learn his letter sounds and blends in a systematic, step-by-step daily format.
The Candy 4WAY Phonics COMPLETE Curriculum includes all of the following
- An 82-page e-book entitled: How to Teach Systematic Phonics
- An easy-to-use Instruction Guide
- 100 step-by-step daily phonics lessons (these lessons will carry your child from age 4 all the way through a 4th grade reading level and higher)
- Multisensory vowel helps
- Rhyming Alphabet Charts
- Sequenced Phonics Readers built right into the lessons
- Systematic Review and Drill
- An audio CD-Rom in which you will hear every chart and every lesson read aloud (the audio CD-Rom is included only with the CD-Rom package)
- Spelling helps, pronunciation helps, and much more.
We know you’ll be pleased!
Carol Kay, President
Candy 4WAY Phonics